The constitution can also be downloaded as a pdf: Download
All Humans are created with certain equal rights, which must be uphold by the Empire and may not be infringed by any party.
- Definition of Human: A Human is defined by the capability to gain self-consciousness, no matter if created naturally or artificial. Proof of self-consciousness shall include but not be limited to: Being able to communicate abstract ideas, have understanding of the difference between oneself and the outer world and be able to communicate clear individual wishes or desires.
- In the following constitution the words Human and person as well as Humans and people are used indistinguishable from each other following the definition given in Art. 1.1
- These rights are: The right of freedom of speech, the right of freedom of movement, the right to education, the right of peaceful protest, the right to life, the right of liberty, the right of security of person as well as all rights proclaimed by the United Nations stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
The Empire of Arvesia is an elected monarchy, the monarch shall hold the title “Emperor of Arvesia”. Election are due after the death, resignation, or impeachment according to Article 6 of the current reigning monarch and shall be conducted by all citizen of The Empire of Arvesia. These elections shall be conducted as mentioned in Article 5.
- In case of no clear winner in an election the pervious Emperors chosen Crown Prince shall become the new Emperor. If no Crown Prince is chosen by the Emperor his first child, both natural or adopted shall become the Emperor.
- During the transition period of a new Emperor the Crown Prince shall be acting as “Acting Emperor” until an election can be held.
- An election for the new Emperor shall be held with a maximum of 3 months of death, resignation, or removal of the previous Emperor.
The Empire of Arvesia shall have an elected president. The president is to be elected by the people and has the duty of overseeing the upholding of the constitution by the emperor.
- The president shall be elected every 2 years by an election, which shall be conducted according to Article 5.
- No person shall be president for more than 3 terms.
- The president must be a citizen of the Empire of Arvesia for at least 5 years at the point of his election
- The president must provide a clear record, committing crimes shall make one ineligible for running for president.
The Empire of Arvesia shall have an elected parliament. These elections are to be held according to Article 5. This parliament duties are, voting on new laws according to Article 7, electing a Prime Minister as well as oversee the Emperor and President.
Elections in The Empire of Arvesia shall be held by all citizen of the empire. These elections are to be held in secret, in public and with equal voting power for each citizen.
- Election of the Emperor: The election of the emperor shall be held by the citizen, the parliament, the president, corporations of the Empire and the Crown Prince. Each part of this vote shall be classified as equal. For an Emperor to win the election at least 3 of these 5 parties need to vote for one candidate, if this is not the case then the Crown Prince will automatically become Emperor.
- Election of the President: The president of the Emperor shall be elected by a ranked election system, in which after every round the lowest candidate is eliminated. The last remaining candidate will be declared winner of this election
- Election of the Parliament: The parliament shall be elected to 2/3 by the citizen, to 1/6 by the Nobility of the Empire and to 1/6 by the corporations of the empire.
If any state official, including the Emperor, violates this constitution, commits a crime against Humanity or commits another High Crime, this official shall be removed from office.
- Impeachment by parliament: If there is ground for an Impeachment the parliament shall have a vote to impeach. To impeach an acting official this vote must be at least a 2/3 majority.
- Impeachment by vote from President, Prime Minister and Emperor: If there is ground for impeachment the President, Prime Minister and Emperor shall have a vote. If 2 out of these 3 parties vote for impeachment the official shall be removed from office.
- Impeachment by the citizen: If there is ground for impeachment, the citizen can partition a vote for impeachment, this partition needs to be signed by at least 1% of the population, If the partition is passed then all citizen shall vote. If there is a 2/3 majority for impeachment amongst the citizen, then the official shall be removed from office.
- If any one of these votes shall decide that an offense was impeachable, then the official shall be removed from office.
- The impeachment of the Emperor requires two separate impeachment votes, by two of the three options for impeachment, which both need to vote for impeachment to remove the Emperor from office.
Laws are to be decided by the parliament of the Empire. If a vote passes through parliament, it then shall be examined by the President of the Emperor, if the law is in compliance with this constitution it shall be signed by the President and then forwarded to the Emperor who has the right to veto any law that had not at least a 2/3 majority in Parliament.
The three branches of power, “Executive”, “Legislative” and “Jurisdictional” shall remain separated, no individual shall be represented in more than one of these powers.
The job of the Jurisdictional Branch of the government shall be the interpretation of the law on a case by case basis.
- Every party shall be treated equal in court.
- Every party has the right to a lawyer, if the party cannot afford one, then it is the Empires duty to provide one.
- Criminal offenses shall be tried by jury.
- The Emperor has the power to pardon individuals.
- Cases of great similarity may be combined and tried in one trial, this is to ensure an equal standing of individuals and corporations.
The Empire has the duty to protect its citizen. The Empire shall always act in the best interest of the majority of its citizen.
- A person shall automatically become a citizen of the Empire, if born or created within the Empire’s border.
- A person shall automatically become a citizen of the Empire, if born to a parent or created by a person who is a citizen of the Empire.
- If born to a parent or created by a person who later becomes a citizen of the Empire, that person has the right to become a citizen upon requesting it.
- A person shall automatically become a citizen of the Empire, if marring a citizen of the Empire.
- It is possible for the spouse of a citizen of the Empire to choose not to become a citizen.
- A person shall automatically become a citizen of the Empire, if adopted by a citizen of the Empire.
- A person can choose to become a citizen of the Empire, after legally living within the Empire for at least 5 years.
- A person can apply to become a citizen of the Empire, this application shall be reviewed by either the Emperor or a delegate of the Emperor who then can either accept it or deny it.
The Emperor can promote certain individual to Nobility, these titles shall be granted as to individuals who provide a great service to the Empire. One does not need to be a citizen of the Empire to gain Nobility.
Changes to this constitution shall require a 2/3 vote by the parliament, the population as well as the support of the Prime Minster, the President, and the Emperor.
- Certain articles require a unanimous vote by parliament for change or removal.
- These articles are Article 1, 3.1, 3.2, 6 and 8
1st Amendment to The Constitution of The Empire of Arvesia
The definition of humans shall include those, whose specie are proven to be able to perform the above-mentioned definitions of self-conscious. It is not a strict requirement of the individual.
Every human being has the right to access to information that are considered as having great value to our species. No entity may block access to this information or charge a fee for this information.
- This information shall include, but are not limited to scientific articles, creative work of great importance, ethical debates.
- A fee may be charged for use of these information in any commercial environment for 20 years after publication of these information.
Every citizen of The Empire of Arvesia has a right to access all information created or received by the government of The Empire of Arvesia.
- Information shall be requested by an informal written document stating exactly, which information is requested.
- The Government has to respond to these requests within 90 days.
- Information may be withheld for an additional 90 days if their release may threaten national security of the Empire.
The Emperor has the capability to create legislature by an Imperial Decree. This legislature is considered law of the Empire as long as it does not violate The Constitution of The Empire.
- An Imperial Decree can be blocked by parliament if a majority of at least 2/3 vote to block or modify this decree.